Inform...and be informed.
Community briefs, newsletters, press releases, public notices, and now, classified ads are FREE!
Assign ONE (1) person in your group/organization to handle your PR/media.
Please make sure that these e-mail addresses are included in your outgoing media campaigns.
Thank you for being a part of Amador's community media team. Thousands in Amador County will benefit from your information!
Please use the following format:
TITLE OF EVENT - DAY, DATE, TIME, LOCATION/ADDRESS. A BRIEF description of your event. ADMISSION information, if any (tickets, at-the-door, etc.) CONTACT information (name, phone, e-mail, web site, Facebook page, social networks, etc.)
EXAMPLES OF COMMUNITY BRIEFS:
THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE ON MENTAL ILLNESS (NAMI Amador) is holding an affiliate meeting and support group on Tuesday, November 28 from 5:30 to 6:30pm in the Multi-purpose Conference Room at Sutter Amador Hospital in Jackson.
Carla Fry, who has an MS in Counseling and has worked in social services and education for more than 30 years, will be speaking about psychosis. From 6:45 to 8:00 pm we will conduct confidential Support Groups for family members and individuals living with mental illnesses.
For information call NAMI Amador (at ATCAA) 209-223-1485 Ex. 266.
NATIVE DAUGHTERS OF THE GOLDEN WEST 2ND ANNUAL HARVEST DINNER - Friday, November 10 from 6-10pm at the Native Sons Hall in Sutter Creek. Dinner, no host bar, raffle and dessert auction. Tickets $35; available at Leoni Farms Tasting Room, 67 Main St. Sutter Creek. For more information, contact Laura Doyle at 209-256-9421.
- Send all releases as a DOCX or copy/paste it into an e-mail. DO NOT SEND RELEASES AS PDF FILES!
- Send at least one (1) photo with the release. Provide the names of those pictured. NOTE: For children ages 17 and under, make sure to have media permissions signed by a parent/guardian on file before sending out your release.
EXAMPLES OF PRESS RELEASES:
EMAIL your press release!
main page (right sidebar).
-Make sure that our e-mail is included in your e-mail group to receive your weekly or monthly newsletters and/or as a "Subscriber" to your e-newsletter campaigns (Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, etc.)
-Publish your newsletter to your organization's web site first (if you have one). Contact your webmasters to update your site, then notify us that your newsletter has been published, and send the URL (link).
- If you don’t have a web site , you may e-mail us your newsletter as a PDF, and we will publish it for you in the relevant ACN department.
Letters to the Editor, OpEd, Guest Commentaries, Blogs
- E-mail to: email@example.com. Sign with your first and last name, and where in Amador County you reside.
- Blog Authors: Please update your blog (at least) monthly. Notify us upon publishing.
If ACN hosts your blog page, please send articles as a DOCX, or in copy/paste it into the body of an e-mail.
Where will your content be published?
Content is published daily on Amador Community News, Amador.news
- Announcements, community briefs, public meeting notices are published in the “Community Calendar” section on the Main Page.
- Newsletters are posted as soon as they are received, and then published in the right hand side bar under "Local Newsletters". Monthly newsletters are changed out at the end of the month.
-Letters to the Editor, OpEds, guest commentaries, etc. are published in AmadorSoapbox.com
- Releases, articles, etc. are published in one of ACN’s departments, and linked to the main page.
When will your content be published?
ACN is a daily news blog. There are no deadlines except the ones you make for yourself. It is recommend that you send the content for your meetings/events at least a month, for the most effective visibility and promotion.
- ACN's daily news blog posts and the Community E-mail Group's e-newsletter are usually published by 10AM. Any media received after 5PM will be published the next day.
Have an event flyer/poster?
Event flyers are just $5, and run through the date of your event.
They are published on ACN's main page in the left hand side bar, in our Facebook's "Amador County Events" album, and in the Community E-mail Group e-newsletter.
They are also linked either directly to your web site, or published/linked to an ACN department in our "Community Calendar" section.
For more info on being an ACN Supporting Advertiser and other media services, click here...